Blog. Blog. Blog. You’ll hear us say this over and over and over again. You have to be blogging on a regular basis because it is the center of any successful INTERNET marketing strategy.
Blogging has multiple benefits that you can read in detail about here, but in a nutshell it allows you to:
- Have fresh content and more indexed pages on your website – Google likes this A LOT.
- Blogs help you get found on-line by potential customers – there is a method to this blogging madness that involves thoughtful planning and strategy, but remember that whole feeling overwhelmed thing? Yeah we don’t want that to happen today.
- Provide helpful information to your customer base. If you have an active blog that is providing good, quality information to your target audience, they are going to keep coming back and maybe, just maybe, turn into a customer.
The frequency at which you post your blog content really depends on your industry, your competition and of course, your budget and resources. A good starting place is to post twice a week.
Your goal: blog twice a week
Having a hard time getting motivated to start? Here’s what you do:
- Schedule time on your calendar to write
- Actually use that time to write
- Set a timer to write for one hour…okay fine….30 minutes
- Just write. What do you write about? Here are some ideas.
- Nothing coming to you? Then just sit there. Right now it’s about building a habit. Research if you want to get ideas…but no email for Facebook!
- When the timer goes off, take a deep breath and pat yourself on the back. It will get easier – we promise!