Website User Experience
In this case, user experience focuses on design, usability and on-page optimization.
• The use of images on websites is increasing, but there are fewer videos as a direct result of Google’s decision to only play video thumbnails on the SERPs.
• The top 30 rankings contain fewer sites that include Google AdSense adverts – showing you shouldn’t distract your users with adverts that don’t enhance their user experience.
• Higher ranking pages are those that contain interactive elements that are easy to understand and that offer skimmable and scannable chunked text.
• The top ranking sites are responsive that don’t use Flash
• User signals are playing a bigger role, such as click-through behavior on SERPs, data collected through Google Analytics, personalized search, Gmail history and browser data.